Used 2010 GMC Sierra 2500HD
Hwy MPGMPG is estimated only and will vary by equipment and options.
Editorial Description (provided by Chrome)
The 2010 GMC Sierra lineup consists of the 1500, 2500HD, 3500HD and the luxurious Denali. The 1500 is the half-ton pickup suitable for personal use, while the Denali gets its own 403-horsepower 6.2L aluminum V8 engine. In between lie the trucks designed for work upon which GMC has made their "Professional Grade" reputation. Like many pickups today, the 2500/3500HDs are available in a wide variety of configurations, all of which are available with either two- or 4-wheel drive.
The Sierra 2500HD allows a combined passenger/cargo weight of nearly 4,000 pounds depending on cab type, bed length and drivetrain, while the 3500HD can handle up to 5,300 pounds when configured with dual rear wheels. This is the optimum selection to take advantage of the 3500HD's 13,000-pound towing capacity.
All GMC Sierras have a very appealing interior, with handles and knobs designed to be operated while wearing work gloves. Under-seat storage enhances utility, as does a cavernous double glove box.
Three cab styles are available (regular, extended and crew cab) and both standard and long box configurations are available. The extended cab has two rear-hinged, half doors that open 170 degrees and have fully opening windows. Crew cab models have four full-size doors and space for six adults. Both the extended cab and crew cab have a rear seat that handily folds up out of the way without the need of a release lever.
3500HD models come in both single rear and dual rear wheel configurations. The dual-rear wheel models offer enhanced stability for those who routinely tow trailers at the higher end of the truck's capacity.
Most folks will get by just fine with the standard 6.0L gas V8 engine that uses variable valve timing to produce 360-horsepower and 380 ft-lbs of torque. It is backed up by the latest version of General Motors' 6-speed Hydra-Matic transmission. But, for those who need more grunt, a 6.6L diesel engine makes only slightly more horsepower (365), but its 660 ft-lbs of torque ensures the truck is capable of excelling at just about any task. This torquey monster is backed up by a 6-speed Allison automatic transmission.
Two suspensions are offered on the HD trucks. In addition to a standard suspension, the optional Z71 suspension is aimed towards off-road use and includes skid plates along with other additional equipment.
GMC's HD series features a bold appearance, especially in front, with a wider grille, domed hood and broad fenders. The HD trucks boast a ladder frame, a hydroformed front section, a structure designed for better crash protection, recirculating-ball steering gear aimed at improving steering feel and a strong 4-wheel anti-lock disc brake system. The brakes also feature an integrated trailer brake controller.
Trims run the range in price and comfort. The Work Truck, designed for contractors and job sites, comes with an interior designed to stand up to rough duty, but also features a CD player and air conditioning standard. The SLE adds such niceties as cruise control, power door locks, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and dual-zone climate control. Finally, the SLT adds a premium leather interior with 10-way power adjustable seats, Bluetooth connectivity, a Bose stereo, power folding mirrors and even heated windshield wiper fluid.
Some of the more notable options include power-adjustable pedals, rearview camera, a remote starting system, a rear-seat DVD entertainment system on crew cabs, an EZ Lift tailgate and a power-sliding rear window on extended and crew cabs. A wide range of audio systems includes MP3- and DVD-compatible players.
|Transmission:||6 Speed Automatic|
- Suspension Package, Handling/Trailering, heavy-duty includes 35mm twin tube shock absorbers and 36 front stabilizer bar
- Engine, Vortec 6.0L V8 SFI (360 hp [268.4 kW] @ 5400 rpm, 380 lb-ft of torque [513.0 N-m] @ 4200 rpm) (Requires (E63) wideside pickup box.)
- Transmission, 6-speed automatic, heavy-duty, electronically controlled with overdrive and tow/haul mode (Requires (L96) or (LY6) Vortec 6.0L V8 SFI engine)
- Rear axle, 3.73 ratio
- Pickup box, Wideside
- Air cleaner, high-capacity
- Rear wheel drive
- Cooling, external engine oil cooler heavy-duty air-to-oil, integral to driver side of radiator tank
- Cooling, auxiliary external transmission oil cooler heavy-duty air-to-oil
- Battery, heavy-duty 600 cold-cranking amps, maintenance-free with rundown protection and retained accessory power
- Alternator, 125 amps
- Frame, hydroformed front section
- GVWR, 9200 lbs. (4173 kg)
- Suspension, front independent, torsion bar
- Suspension, rear 2-stage multi-leaf springs semi-elliptic
- Steering, power, recirculating ball
- Brakes, 4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel disc
- Exhaust aluminized stainless-steel muffler and tailpipe
- Wheels, 4-16" x 6.5" (40.6 cm x 16.5 cm) 8-lug chrome-styled steel includes chrome center caps and steel spare (spare wheel will not cosmetically match the other 4 wheels) Spare not included with (ZW9) pickup box delete unless a spare tire is ordered (Upgradeable to (PY0) 4 - 16" x 6.5" (40.6 cm x 16.5 cm) 8-lug polished forged aluminum wheels or (N89) 17" x 7.5" (43.2 cm x 19.1 cm) 8-lug polished cast aluminum wheels.)
- Tires, LT245/75R16E all-season, blackwall (Not available with (Z71) Off-Road Suspension Package. Includes 5 tires with (E63) Wideside pickup box. Includes 4 tires with (ZW9) pickup box delete.)
- Tire, spare LT245/75R16 all-season, blackwall includes 16" (40.6 cm) steel spare wheel and spare tire carrier (Requires (ZW9) pickup box delete. Requires (QIZ) LT245/75R16E all-season, blackwall tires or (QIW) LT245/75R16E on-/off-road, blackwall tires.)
- Tire carrier, outside spare, winch-type mounted under frame at rear (Orders with (ZW9) Pickup box delete will not include a Spare Tire Carrier unless a spare tire is ordered.)
- Spare tire lock keyed cylinder lock that utilizes same key as ignition and door (Not available with (ZW9) pickup box delete or (VF7) rear bumper delete. Deleted when SEO (5Z4) spare wheel and carrier delete is ordered.)
- Recovery hooks, front, frame-mounted
- Bumper, front chrome (Includes body-color bumper top caps.)
- Bumper, rear chrome, step-style with pad (Requires RPO (E63) wideside pickup box)
- Moldings, bodyside, body-colored (Moldings are deleted if any SEO paint is ordered)
- Grille, chrome surround
- Headlamps, dual halogen composite with automatic exterior lamp control and flash-to-pass feature
- Lamps, dual cargo area lamps
- Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable, Black, manual-folding (Upgradeable to (DPN) outside vertical camper mirrors.)
- Glass, Solar-Ray deep-tinted (all windows except light-tinted glass on windshield and driver-and front passenger-side glass) (With Regular Cab models, includes rear window. With Extended Cab models, includes rear and rear quarter windows. With Crew Cab models or (C49) rear-window defogger, includes light-tinted rear window. Included with (PCM) Work Truck Preferred Package.)
- Wipers, front intermittent wet-arm with pulse washers
- Tailgate protection top of tailgate protection cap
- Audio system, AM/FM stereo with MP3 compatible CD player seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control, Radio Data System (RDS), speed-compensated volume and TheftLock
- XM Radio is standard on more than 50 2010 GM models, including three trial months of service. XM turns your world on with commercial-free music channels for virtually every music genre, all in amazing digital quality sound. Turn on your favorite sports, the biggest names in News, Talk and Comedy, family programming, exclusive concerts and original music series, wherever you go from coast to coast. Everything worth listening to is now on XM (XM service available only in the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia. XM Radio subscription required and sold separately after trial period. Fees, taxes, and a one-time re-activation fee, may apply. Subscriptions governed by XM Customer Agreement available at xmradio.com. All fees and programming subject to change. Family programming Packages are available. Not available with (UUL) AM/FM stereo with MP3 compatible CD player and navigation, (UUK) AM/FM stereo with MP3 compatible CD/DVD player and navigation or (UE0) OnStar, delete.)
- Audio system feature, speaker system (Includes 4 speakers on Regular Cab and 6 speakers on Extended and Crew Cab Models.)
- Seats, front 40/20/40 split-bench, 3-passenger, driver and front passenger manual reclining center fold-down armrest with storage, lockable storage compartment in seat cushion (includes auxiliary power outlet), adjustable outboard head restraints and storage pockets on Extended and Crew Cab models
- Seat trim, Premium Cloth
- Seat adjuster, manual lumbar control on the driver-side
- Seat, rear 60/40 folding bench (folds up), 3-passenger, folding (includes child seat top tether anchor) (Requires Extended or Crew Cab Models.)
- Steering column, Tilt-Wheel, adjustable with brake/transmission shift interlock
- Steering wheel, leather-wrapped with theft-deterrent locking feature
- Floor covering, color-keyed carpeting with rubberized vinyl floor mats (Extended and Crew Cab models also include rear floor mats) (May be substituted with (BG9) Black rubberized vinyl floor covering.)
- Instrumentation, analog with speedometer, fuel level, engine temperature, tachometer, voltmeter and oil pressure indicators
- Driver Information Center with odometer, trip odometer and message center (monitors numerous systems depending on vehicle equipment level including low fuel, turn signal "on", transmission temperature and oil change notification) (Driver Information Center controls are operated through the trip button unless (UK3) steering wheel mounted audio controls is ordered. On 3SA and 4SA, includes 8-point compass and outside temperature.)
- Warning tones headlamp on, key-in-ignition, driver and passenger buckle up reminder and turn signal on
- Windows, power with driver Express-Down
- Door locks, power includes Remote Keyless Entry
- Cruise control, electronic with set and resume speed, located on steering wheel
- Remote vehicle starter prep package, includes Remote Keyless Entry (To enable remote start capability, new key fobs and vehicle reprogramming are required. Please see dealer for details. Remote Keyless Entry does not lock/unlock tailgate when (PCM) SLE Preferred Package is ordered.)
- Air conditioning, single-zone manual front climate control (Upgradeable to (CJ2) dual-zone automatic air conditioning on Extended and Crew Cab models.)
- Cup holders, front (Also includes rear cupholders on Extended and Crew Cab models)
- Power outlets 2 auxiliary instrument panel-mounted with covers, 12-volt
- Mirror, inside rearview manual day/night
- Headliner, Opal Gray-colored cloth with matching retainer moldings
- Visors, driver and front passenger, sliding with clip and illuminated vanity mirror on driver and passenger-side, Opal Gray-colored
- Assist handle, front passenger (Also includes rear assist handles in the headliner on Extended and Crew Cab models)
- Lighting, interior with dome and reading lights, illuminated entry feature and backlit instrument panel switches
- Coat hooks, rear driver and passenger side
- StabiliTrak, stability control system with Proactive Roll Avoidance (Requires T*20753 or T*20743 Models.)
- Daytime Running Lamps with automatic exterior lamp control
- Air bags, frontal, driver and right-front passenger (Always use safety belts and the correct child restraints for your child's age and size, even in vehicles equipped with air bags. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat. See the vehicle's Owners Manual and child safety seat instructions for more safety information)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (does not apply to spare tire)
You might also like...
2010 Ford F-150
Odometer: 136,340 | Price: $16,900
2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Odometer: 100,600 | Price: $17,999
Kruse Buick GMC
M-THU: 8:00am-7:00pm FRI:8:00am-6:00pm
[ Get Financing ]
Service Center Hours:
[ Schedule Service ]
Parts Center Hours:
Kruse Buick GMC
1661 East College Drive
Marshall, MN 56258
[ Get Directions ]