Used 2008 GMC Sierra 1500
City MPG 14
Hwy MPG 19MPG is estimated only and will vary by equipment and options.
Editorial Description (provided by Chrome)
The most striking feature of the 2008 Sierra 1500, which GMC completely redesigned a year ago, is the interior. The new cabin offered on the top SLT trim is similar to that currently offered on GM's full-size sport-utility vehicles such as the GMC Yukon and offers standard luxury features like power heated front leather seats, six-disc CD/MP3-capable audio system, satellite radio, and heated windshield washers, while top crew cab SLT models add rain-sensing wipers and a rear-seat audio system. LTZ models are further differentiated by a completely different instrument panel and door panels, a huge, 20.1-liter center console storage area, and upgraded five-liter glove box. Ultrasonic rear parking assist is available.
Underneath, the carefully engineered hydroformed frame is fully boxed, and has "C" channel sections that combine to make an incredibly stiff backbone. The Sierra is so solid, it feels as if it was carved out of one big block of steel.
The work truck and SLE trims are equipped on more of a budget for those who plan to use their pickup for utility, with a more basic interior treatment. These trims have still been upgraded with a new double glove box design, larger control knobs, and a lockable in-seat storage bin that's large enough for a laptop computer and has a built-in 12-volt power outlet. The SLE adds popular equipment such as air conditioning, cruise control, and a CD/MP3 audio system, and a Convenience Package brings more luxury in the way of a remote starting system, adjustable power pedals, and rear park assist.
Seating has been improved all around. Stadium-style rear seating, which is split 60/40 and has a fold-down center armrest, is standard on the crew cab and available on the extended cab. Rear legroom on extended cab models is adequate and ingress is now improved thanks to rear access doors that open 170 degrees.
Each trim level is available in either 2WD or an on-demand 4WD system with locking rear differential. A 195-horsepower, 4.3L V6 is standard on regular cab and 2WD extended cab Work Truck models, while a 295-horsepower, 4.8L V8 is standard on 4WD extended cab Work Truck models, SLE regular cab and extended cab models, and crew cab Work Truck and SLE models. A 315-horsepower, 5.3L V8 with Active Fuel Management is standard on crew cab SLE2 and all SLT body types.
That 5.3L V8 is available as an option on all other models, while there's also a FlexFuel version that adds E85 compatibility. Thanks to Active Fuel Management, the 5.3L gasoline Sierra is rated at 15 city, 20 highway, the same as the base 4.3L V6 and one of the best figures in its class.
As part of the trailering package, a 367-horsepower (and 375 ft-lb of torque), 6.0L V8 is available on SLE and SLT extended and crew cab models. This engine has variable valve timing and Active Fuel Management. The package also includes a locking differential, heavy-duty cooling system, and high-capacity air cleaner.
Each of the four suspension systems available on the Sierra are tailored for particular driving situations, and each has a completely different character. The Z83 delivers the best ride, while the Z85 upgrades for improved handling and towing capacity. The Z71 is the option for those who plan to take their Sierra off-road, and for those wanting optimized street performance there's the Z60, which rides on 20-inch wheels.
Cargo bed lengths are 5'-8" for the short bed, 6'-6" for the standard bed, and 8' for the long bed, and rated payload goes up to 2,160 pounds when properly equipped.
The OnStar Generation 7 system is standard on all Sierras, including automatic crash notification and a one-year subscription to the Safe & Sound plan.
An ultra-plush GMC Sierra Denali crew cab (in both 2WD and AWD) is available as well. It uses a 6.2L V8 with variable valve timing to produce 403 horsepower and 417 ft-lbs of torque. A six-speed automatic transmission, a locking rear differential, skid plates, StabiliTrak, high-performance suspension, fog lamps, heated mirrors, and rear parking assist are standard, as are a slew of interior luxury items. Optional 20-inch wheels can replace the standard 18-inch alloys.
|MPG:||14 / 19|
|Transmission:||4 Speed Automatic|
- Suspension package, handling/trailering, heavy-duty includes 46 mm piston monotube shocks and 34mm front stabilizer bar (Includes 36mm front stabilizer bar when (NHT) Max Trailering Pack is ordered.)
- Engine, vortec 5.3L V8 SFI with active fuel management (315 hp [234.9 kw] @ 5200 rpm, 338 lb-ft of torque [456.3 n-m] @ 4400 rpm), iron block (Standard on T*10953 Models.)
- GVWR, 7000 lbs. (3175 kg) (Requires TC10753 models and (L76) Vortec 6.0L V8 SFI engine and (NHT) Max Trailering Pack or TK10753, TK10953, or TK10543 models. Standard on TK10753, TK10953, or TK10543 models.)
- Recovery hooks, front, frame-mounted (Standard on 4WD Models.)
- Transfer case, electronic Autotrac with rotary dial controls (Requires 4WD models.)
- Four wheel drive
- Battery, heavy-duty 600 cold-cranking amps, maintenance-free with rundown protection and retained accessory power
- Alternator, 145 amps
- Frame, fully-boxed, hydroformed front section
- Pickup box, Wideside
- Tailgate protection, top of tailgate protection cap
- Suspension, front independent, coil over shock
- Suspension, rear 2-stage multi-leaf springs, semi-elliptic
- Steering, power, rack-and-pinion
- Exhaust, aluminized stainless-steel muffler and tailpipe
- Tools, mechanical jack and wheel wrench located in back of cab
- Wheels, 4-17" x 7.5" (43.2 cm x 19.1 cm) 6-lug polished cast aluminum (spare wheel will not cosmetically match the other 4 wheels) (Upgradeable to (P60) 4-20" x 8.5" (50.8 cm x 21.6 cm) 6-spoke machined aluminum wheels.)
- Tires, P265/70R17 all-season, blackwall (Requires 4WD models. Not available with (PDL) Z71 Off-Road Package or (L76) Vortec 6.0L V8 SFI engine.)
- Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable, power-folding and driver-side auto-dimming and integrated turn signal indicators (Upgradeable to (DPN) outside vertical camper mirrors. Mirrors are body-colored and include curb- tilt feature.)
- Fog lamps, front, halogen
- Glass, solar-ray deep-tinted (all windows except light-tinted glass on windshield and driver- and front passenger-side glass) (With Regular Cab models, includes rear window. With Extended Cab models, includes rear and rear quarter windows. With Crew Cab models or (C49) rear-window defogger, includes light-tinted rear window. Included with (PCM) Work Truck Preferred Package.)
- Spare tire lock keyed cylinder lock that utilizes same key as ignition and door
- Windshield washer fluid system, heated
- Tire carrier, outside spare, winch-type mounted under frame at rear
- Wheel, 17" (43.2 cm) steel spare (spare wheel will not cosmetically match the other 4 wheels)
- Bumper, front chrome (Includes body-color bumper top caps.)
- Bumper, rear chrome, step-style with pad
- Air dam, Black
- Moldings, bodyside, body-colored
- Grille, chrome surround
- Headlamps, dual halogen composite with automatic exterior lamp control and flash-to-pass feature
- Lamps, dual cargo area lamps
- Wipers, front intermittent wet-arm with pulse washers
- Audio system, AM/FM stereo with MP3 compatible CD player seek-and-scan, digital clock, auto-tone control, Radio Data System (RDS), speed-compensated volume and TheftLock
- Steering wheel controls, mounted audio controls
- Audio system feature, Bose premium speaker system with sub-woofer in center console
- XM Satellite Radio. With a wide variety of programming, XM has something to excite any driver. Whether you want to be entertained or informed, to laugh, think, or sing, XM has the perfect channel for you - coast-to-coast, and in digital-quality sound. 3 trial months - no obligation (Available in the 48 contiguous United States. Required $12.95 monthly subscription sold separately after 3 trial months. All fees and programming subject to change. Subscription subject to customer agreement. For more information, visit gm.xmradio.com. Not available with (UE0) OnStar, delete.)
- Seats, front bucket includes 10-way power driver and front passenger seat adjusters including 2-way power lumbar control, heated seat cushions and seatbacks, 2-position driver memory, adjustable outboard head restraints, floor console and storage pockets
- Remote keyless entry with 2 transmitters, panic button and content theft alarm
- Air conditioning, dual-zone automatic climate control with individual climate settings for driver and right-front passenger
- Door locks, power
- Cruise control, electronic with set and resume speed located on steering wheel
- Defogger, rear-window electric (Not available with (A48) power sliding rear window.)
- Floor covering, color-keyed carpeting with rubberized vinyl floor mats (Extended and Crew Cab models also include rear floor mats)
- Seat trim, Ultrasoft Leather-appointed
- Seat adjuster, driver 10-way power
- Seat adjuster, front passenger 10-way power
- Seat, rear 60/40 folding bench (folds up), 3-passenger, folding (includes child seat top tether anchor)
- Console, floor with storage compartment, 2 auxiliary power outlets and dual cup holders
- Steering column, Tilt-Wheel, adjustable with brake/transmission shift interlock
- Steering wheel, leather-wrapped with theft-deterrent locking feature
- Driver Information Center with odometer, trip odometer and message center (monitors numerous systems depending on vehicle equipment level including low fuel, turn signal "on", transmission temperature and oil change notification)
- Instrumentation, analog with speedometer, fuel level, engine temperature, and tachometer (Includes voltmeter and oil pressure indicators.)
- Warning tones, headlamp on, key-in-ignition, driver and passenger buckle up reminder and turn signal on
- Windows, power with driver Express-Down (Includes front passenger Express- down.)
- Windows, power, rear access door (Requires Extended Cab Models.)
- Cup holders, front (Also includes rear cupholders on Extended and Crew Cab models.)
- Power outlets, 2 auxiliary instrument panel-mounted with covers, 12-volt
- Mirror, inside rearview auto-dimming with 8-point compass and outside temperature display
- Lighting, interior with dome and reading lights, illuminated entry feature and backlit instrument panel switches
- Headliner, Opal Gray-colored cloth with matching retainer moldings
- Visors, driver and front passenger, sliding with clip and illuminated vanity mirror on driver and passenger-side, Opal Gray-colored
- Assist handle, front passenger (Also includes rear assist handles in the headliner on Extended and Crew Cab models.)
- Coat hooks, rear driver and passenger side
- Brakes, 4-wheel antilock, front disc/rear drum
- Daytime Running Lamps, with automatic exterior lamp control
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (does not apply to spare tire)
- Remote vehicle starter prep package, includes Remote Keyless Entry (To enable remote start capability, new key fobs and vehicle reprogramming are required. Please see dealer for details. Remote Keyless Entry does not lock/ unlock tailgate when (PDF) EZ-Lift Tailgate Package is ordered.)
- OnStar, 1-year of Safe and Sound plan. Includes Automatic Notification of Air Bag Deployment, Stolen Vehicle Location Assistance, Emergency Services, Roadside Assistance, Remote Door Unlock (requires power locks), OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics, Hands-Free Calling, AccidentAssist and Remote Horn & Lights (OnStar services require vehicle electrical system (including battery), wireless service and GPS satellite signals to be available and operating for features to function properly. OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers. OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics available on most 2004 MY and newer GM vehicles. Diagnostic capability varies by model. Visit onstar.com for system limitations and details. Not available with a ship-to of Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands. Remote Door Unlock requires (AU3) power door locks.)
- Air bags, frontal, driver and right-front passenger with Passenger Sensing System (Always use safety belts and the correct child restraints for your child's age and size, even in vehicles equipped with air bags. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat. See the vehicle's Owner's Manual and child safety seat instructions for more safety information.)
Kruse Buick GMC
M-THU: 8:00am-7:00pm FRI:8:00am-6:00pm
[ Get Financing ]
Service Center Hours:
[ Schedule Service ]
Parts Center Hours:
Kruse Buick GMC
1661 East College Drive
Marshall, MN 56258
[ Get Directions ]